To create logic in a construction schedule, you can follow these steps:
- Break down the project into smaller, manageable tasks and assign them to each trade or department.
- Determine the dependencies between tasks and establish the order in which they must be completed. This can be done through a flow chart or precedence diagram.
- Establish durations for each task based on your past experience or industry standards, and then refine these durations as necessary through site visits and consultation with trades and stakeholders.
- Assign resources such as manpower, equipment, and materials to each task and ensure that they are available when needed.
- Consider the impact of potential risks and delays and incorporate contingency plans into the schedule as necessary.
- Use scheduling software to input all of this information and create a detailed schedule that updates automatically as changes are made.
- Continuously monitor and update the schedule throughout the project, comparing actual progress against the planned schedule and adjusting as necessary
Before Monthly Upates Are Due
Review your schedule logic, review your critical path, and take that time to make sure your schedule reflects your plan moving forward.